Straight off the spoon.
Manuka honey can be eaten straight off the spoon, to savour its delicious bold flavour profile.
WITH A DRINK
► 1 Banana (or an apple according to taste)
► 1 Cup pineapple2-3 cups baby spinach
► 1 Fresh ginger root peeled (approximately 5 cm ginger) or powdered equivalent.
► 1 Turmeric root (approximately 5 cm fresh turmeric) or the equivalent.
► 1/2 Tablespoon of Melora Manuka honey 100MGO
► A Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
► ½ cup almond milk
1. In a large, high-powered blender, add in all ingredients
2. blend on high for 1-2 minutes or until all ingredients are well combined
3. If necessary, add in more almond milk to thin the smoothie.
WITH A CAKE
For the cake:
► 225 g flour
► 125 g butter
► 80 g icing/icing sugar
► 3 yolks
► 2 tsp vanilla extract
► 1 tbsp ice water
For the filling:
► 250 g Mascarpone cheese at room temperature
► 2 tbsp muscovado sugar
► 2 tbsp Melora Manuka honey 40 MGO
► 200 ml heavy cream
For the cake:
1. In a bowl, mix the sifted flour, butter, and powdered sugar until they look like crumbs. Add the eggs and vanilla. It is possible to speed up the procedure by using a food processor.
2. Finally, add the very cold water until the dough comes together.
3. With a floured surface, make a disk, cover and refrigerate for an hour.
4. Preheat the oven to 170ºC, between two parchment papers, grind the 3 mm thick dough and prepare a cake mold (preferably use a20 cm diameter one); take the dough to the buttered mold, make holes with a fork, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. Put weight on top of parchment paper so that the dough does not rise (you can use beans) and bake for 10 minutes, remove the weight and bake another 10 minutes or until golden.
For the filling:
1. Mascarpone and Manuka honey filling
2. Mix the mascarpone cheese with the sugar and Manuka honey; make sure the cheese is at room temperature; otherwise, it can be lumpy.
3. Beat the cream until it is mounted, but do not beat too much.
4. Add to the previous mixture, pour into the already baked and cold cake, add pistachio nuts to decorate, and take to the refrigerator for at least 1 hour; enjoy the same day.
IN A BISCUIT
► 100g ground almonds
► 5 Tablespoons Flour
► 100g Pistachios
► 90g coconut sugar
► 1 tbsp 40MGO Manuka Honey
► 1 Egg white
► Zest of 1 lemon
► 2 tbsps Icing sugar to dust
1. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.
2. Start by mixing the dry ingredients in the food processor: flour, ground almonds, coconut sugar, lemon etc.
3. Once the powder is homogeneous, add all the rest of the ingredients (except the white chocolate and the pistachios, which we reserve for later).
4. Mix at medium speed until you obtain a paste that is neither too thick nor too liquid. Allow the dough to rest in the fridge for 30 minutes. Make your cookie balls once the dough has rested and placed them on a baking sheet covered with baking paper. Use two small spoons to form the cookies; it is very practical!
5. Then flatten the cookies/biscuits with the palm of your hand and sprinkle the cookies with white chocolate and pistachio. Cook between 12 and 16 minutes, depending on whether you like them soft or crunchy! Once out of the oven, let them cool so that they harden slightly.
6. They are crunchy at the ends and chewy on the inside! They are delicious, accompanied by a small thyme herbal tea with a teaspoon of Manuka honey!
AS PART OF A MAIN MEAL – MANUKA HONEY CHICKEN
► 8 Chicken thighs
► 2 Onions
► 1 Clove of garlic
► 2 Tbsp. Melora 40MGO Manuka honey
► 2 Tbsp. Soy sauce
► 1 Cup of Powdered ginger
► Salt pepper
1. Peel and chop the garlic.
2. Combine the soy sauce, manuka honey, chopped garlic and powdered ginger in a deep dish. Put salt and pepper to your taste.
3. Place the chicken thighs in the dish after removing the skin. Using a brush, coat them in the marinade.
4. Refrigerate the dish after covering it with cling film. Let at least two hours for the chicken thighs to marinade.
5. At the end of this time, preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
6. Oil a baking dish and place the previously drained chicken thighs on it.
7. Peel and finely chop the onions. Add them on top of the chicken thighs.
8. Place the dish in the oven and cook the chicken thighs for 30 minutes, turning them halfway through cooking.
9. At the end of cooking, place the chicken thighs marinated in Manuka honey on the plates.
10. Serve immediately with vegetables.
FOR BREAKFAST – PANCAKES
► 190g bananas
► 70ml of almond milk
► 50g of white almond puree
► 50g of classic flour
► 80g coconut flour/rice flour
► 1 tsp organic maca powder
► 1/2 sachet of yeast
► 2 tsp Melora manuka honey
1. Mash the bananas well to obtain an almost liquid consistency.
2. Mix the bananas with the milk and the white almond puree.
3. Gradually add the yeast and the two flours, mix well to avoid lumps.
4. Add the maca powder to complete the whole. Your pancake dough is ready
5. In a hot pan, pour a ladle of pancake batter, turn over when small bubbles appear.
6. Enjoy hot, with the manuka honey as a garnish. Treat yourself!
FAIR SHARE PARTNERSHIPS HELP BUILD COMMUNITIES
MĀNUKA QUALITY PROMISE
THE SCIENCE BEHIND MĀNUKA HONEY